Hemp Hearts are a delicious and nutritious addition to your diet.
Hemp Hearts are a de-shelled hemp seed. This little seed has a big heart, packing a powerful nutritious punch! Each serving provides 10g of protein, 2.5g of Omega-3, and 8.5g of Omega-6 fatty acids. The heart of the hemp seed has a rich nutty flavor and a tender chewy texture.
Some of our favorite ways to eat hemp hearts are sprinkled on top of salads, in oatmeal, smoothies and these delicious Hemp Heart Seed Bars.
Holiday Hemp Heart Seed Bars Recipe
2 cups raw nuts or trail mix combo – Almonds, Cashews, Hazelnuts, Walnuts, Raisins
11/2 cups Enerhealth Hemp Hearts
½ cup dried cranberries, apple juice sweetened or plain sweetened
¼ cup Madhava whipped raw honey, or regular raw honey
4 organic coconut date rolls or plain dates
1/3 c. organic almond butter
1 tsp vanilla
2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
2 tbsp chocolate bits, dark chocolate bar or chips
2 tbsp coconut oil
1) Line and 8 x 8 or 11 x 7 baking pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper, making sure to press up against the corners and sides of the pan well. Grease well with coconut oil.
2) Next grind the nut mix combination in a Vitamix blender on low speed or mix in a food processor. Pour into a large mixing bowl. Add the Hemp Hearts, dried cranberries, and raw honey and mix together well.
3) In a separate small mixing bowl or the Vitamix blender, combine the almond butter, vanilla and melted coconut oil. Blend on low speed just until well combined. Then add to the nut mixture, stirring well until all is thoroughly mixed together.
4) Press mixture into the prepared pan, making sure to press firmly into the pan.
5) Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for 30 minutes.
Melt the chocolate bits and coconut oil together in a small saucepan. Drizzle over the cold bars, then cover again and place in the freezer for 1 hour. Remove from freezer and cut into small bars. May be kept refrigerated for up to 1 week or frozen for up to 4 weeks.
Enerhealth HEMP HEARTS … are the freshly shelled hemp seeds ethically grown in Colorado. Many healthy benefits arise from the powerful nutrition of these little seeds!
Omega 3 Fatty Acids to support Heart and Mind
All essential Amino Acids for a Power Packed Protein - 10mg of Protein in 3 Tablespoons!
Rich source of essential minerals including Magnesium, Phosphorus and Iron
Adequate Fiber in each serving to improve bowel function